lundi 16 juillet 2007

GOD SPEAKS CREOLE

"Whoso openeth his lips in this day, and maketh mention of the name of his Lord, the hosts of Divine inspiration shall descend upon him from the heaven of My name, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise." -Baha'u'llah-


Until now, I had not really noticed the reality of this blessing from God during my teaching experiences. But just a few days ago, it became quite apparent that God really fulfills his promise here in Cape Verde. I was teaching in Riberas da Platas, a tiny village where everyone really knows each other. I had sat down to engage in conversation with a number of the locals, about nothing in specific, with the rudimentary Creole that I have been speaking for 2 and a half months now. My ability to discuss profound concepts in their language is mediocre, to say the least. But as usual, they ask why I'm here, and I make a feeble attempt at explaining that I teach the Baha'i Faith, and help the small community of Baha'is in Cape Verde. As I began to answer their questions, and explain in progressively greater detail the principles of my Faith, and its relation to their religion, which is Catholic, I noticed that my words were being supplemented by a knowledge of their language that I had not learned yet. I didn't fight it, thankfully, and just let the hosts of Divine inspiration descend upon me. One inquisitive gentleman, apparently a respected member of the close-knit community, was interested in reading the Words of Baha'u'llah, and so I gave him the Hidden Words in Portuguese, and he read aloud a few of the powerful passages contained in that marvelous little book for the assembled group of 10 or 12 listeners. As he seemed very moved, and myself not knowing how to appropriately invite someone into the fold of the Faith of Baha'u'llah, I simply said, "Bu e Baha'i?" (Are you Baha'i?) and he confidently said yes. After that he signed a declaration card, and we talked about having a meeting the next day to say prayers and read a bit of "Baha'u'llah and the New Era". We casually talked about some other things for about 15 minutes, and another gentleman, after reading a little pamplet on the basic principles of "Fe Baha'i", mentioned that he really liked the Faith. So I asked him too, if he was a Baha'i, and he responded with a heartfelt yes. I was at this point quite overwhelmed at the spiritual receptivity of this group, and so I pushed the envelope just a bit. I decided to ask the entire group of eager souls if they were Baha'i, each one right after another, and nearly all of them said yes! Let me tell you the hosts of Divine inspiration were having a party inside my soul at that moment. I really felt confirmed in my decision to pioneer to this tiny island in the Atlantic ocean off the coast of Africa. So we had a little declaration party, and all were invited the next day to our deepening meeting. We will have the first 19 Day Feast ever held in this town on September 26th. Praise be to God for the blessings he allows us to experience!
Brandon Caleb---
Dec 2006 pioneering experience

Aucun commentaire:

WELCOME--Thank you for your visit -- you are visitor's No
Cingular
Free Cell Phones